Once you arrive at your potential employer's office, remember these key tips:
- Turn off your mobile phone, or turn it to silent so that it doesn't ring mid-interview.
- Establish a rapport. This means to smile and be friendly. Sit up straight, lean forward slightly and always maintain good eye contact with the interviewer or panel.
- Don't discuss wages. Generally, this would be addressed in a second interview. Discussion of wages in the first interview can be perceived as inappropriate.
- Be a good listener. Listen to what the employer tells you about the organisation and the position - generally they will ask you questions based on this information. Maintain eye contact whenever possible.
- Be enthusiastic and confident. Sell yourself! Let the employer know you want the job, but never interrupt and answer only what is asked.
- Be gracious. At the end of the interview smile and thank all the people involved for their time.