Are you curious about a career in the thriving construction industry? If so, you're on the brink of discovering a world of opportunities and growth.
The Australian construction sector is booming and is predicted to create 300,000 more jobs in the next decade, making it an ideal time for all Australians, including women, to explore this dynamic field. In this resource hub, we'll delve into why you should consider a career in construction, how to determine if it's the right fit for you, and the career pathways that await.
Why consider a career in building & construction?
The construction industry in Australia currently employs over 1 million people and is poised for significant growth. This expansion means abundant job prospects for all Australians. Whether you have a passion for mathematics, problem-solving, technology, creating with your hands or enjoy teamwork and effective communication, a career in construction could be your perfect match.
Is a career in construction the right path for you?
Not sure if construction aligns with your skills and interests? Take advantage of resources like the Skillsroad Career Quiz and Job Fit Test. These tools help you discover which careers and industries resonate most with your talents and skills.
What are some of the career pathway opportunities?
The construction industry offers diverse career pathways. Here are some possibilities:
- Construction Workers: The backbone of any project.
- Building Technicians: Key players in construction project management.
- Skilled Tradespeople: Craftspersons with specialized skills.
- Professionals: Leaders and managers in various roles.
Within these categories, you can explore roles such as electrician, engineering manager, civil engineer, painter, cabinet maker, bricklayer, scaffolder, carpenter, plant operator, contract administrator, building designer, project manager, project director, site supervisor, environmental designer, and many more!
What salary range can you make?
Curious about potential earnings? Here's an overview:
- Construction Laborer: $60,000-$70,000 per year (source).
- Average Construction Salary in Australia: $103,834 per year or $53.25 per hour. Entry-level positions start at $75,000 per year, while experienced workers can earn up to $160,000 per year (source).